Currently Accepting Applications for TESOL Certificate
for Summer 2023
Summer I: Apply by 5/1/2023 | Start Class 5/15/2023
Interested in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages?
Since 2016, the University of Southern Indiana has offered a certification course in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). TESOL certification provides educational skills and theory in teaching English to speakers of other languages at home and abroad.
The intensive 6-credit course is offered during the summer term. [Note: This certification is offered at the undergraduate (WLC 423) OR graduate level (WLC 523).]
If you are an undergraduate who has not completed your bachelor’s degree, visit the undergraduate TESOL page for more information.
The TESOL certificate offers:
- Methodological and theoretical training on second language acquisition
- Instruction in teaching methodologies
- Online experience in the classroom
In 2023, WLC 523 will be taught (online synchronous) during Summer Session 1 (May 15-June 16) on MTWR from 6-8:45 p.m. Central.
How to Enroll
- Current MASPC students can enroll in WLC 523 (TESOL Certification). These 6 credits count towards the 30 credits of their master’s degree.
- Non-degree seeking students and working professionals with an undergraduate degree need the following:
- Complete the graduate application (Graduate Studies website). Select TESOL Certification.
- Enroll in WLC 523.