- Per university guidelines, fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a face covering inside the RFWC. Those who are not vaccinated should continue wearing face coverings.
- Water fountain spouts will be closed but refill stations will be available.
- Physical distancing requirements in all areas and will be enforced in the exercise areas.
- Designated entrance doors and exit doors
- Stanchions dividing the entrance and exit sides ensuring limited contact for entering/exiting patrons
- The front entryway will be stanchioned off and marked to promote physical distancing upon check-in.
- Card swipe scanner will be placed on the counter. Participants will scan their own ID cards.
- No fitness consultations will be scheduled.
- Checkout equipment will be limited to bikes and camping equipment. Equipment will be cleaned after each use.
- Guest passes will not be available.
- Locker rooms will be available.
- Participants will be asked to maintain physical distance and clean/disinfectant lockers/benches before and after use.
- Towels will be available at the front desk.
- The track will be open, but participants will be asked to maintain physical distance at all times.
- Dumbbell Area
- The floor has been taped off into 8 ft. segmented “boxes” that participants will be asked to stay in.
- Benches are spaced 8ft apart. Participants will not be allowed to move benches.
- Some benches have been moved to Court #3.
- Student workers will not be allowed to provide spotting.
- Participants are asked to avoid maximum lifts.
- Participants will not be allowed to move between benches/equipment between sets; must complete all sets before moving on to next exercise
- A scheduling program may be implemented to limit the number of people in this area.
- Selectorized Weight Machines
- Weight machines have been spaced 8 ft. apart. Complete your sets before moving on to the next exercise.
- Cardio equipment has been moved to ensure a minimum of 10 ft. separation between machines. Some equipment has been moved to Court #3.
- Stretching Areas
- Floor has been taped off into 8 ft. segmented “boxes” that participants will be asked to stay in.
- Hard to clean and unmonitored equipment has been removed (all mats, medicine balls, etc.)
- Functional/Cable machines
- One – two persons at a time depending on which station is being utilized.
Group Exercise Classes:
- Floor will be taped off into 9ft segmented boxes.
- Class will be limited to the number of “boxes”
- Group exercise instructors will retrieve any equipment needed for class and will ensure all equipment is cleaned after class.
- Speed bags have been removed from Rm. 115
- All participants are required to either wash or sanitize their hands before each climb.
- Bouldering is allowed on the bouldering wall.
- Top Roping is allowed; USI RFW employees must belay for all climbers (no exceptions).
- Following the university guidelines regarding room capacity. 10 person limit.
Follow us on social media for the latest news and updates!
Monday - Friday
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Climbing Center Hours
*Cardio and free weights close 15 minutes before the rest of the building.