11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
- Per university guidelines, participants will be required to wear a face-covering when entering the building. Face coverings may be removed while working out.
- Water fountain spouts will be closed but refill stations will be available.
- Physical distancing requirements in all areas and this will be enforced in the exercise areas.
- Designated entrance doors and exit doors
- Stanchions dividing the entrance and exit sides ensuring limited contact for entering/exiting patrons
- The front entryway will be stanchioned off and marked to promote physical distancing upon check-in.
- Card swipe scanner will be placed on counter. Participants will scan their own ID cards.
- No fitness consultations will be scheduled.
- Checkout equipment will be limited to bikes and camping equipment. Equipment will be cleaned after each use.
- Guest passes will not be available.
We we will resume Fall hours on August 21st, 2020
- Locker rooms will be available.
- Participants will be asked to maintain physical distance and clean/disinfectant lockers/benches before and after use.
- Towels will be available at the front desk.
- The track will be open, but participants will be asked to maintain physical distance at all times.
- Dumbbell Area
- The floor has been taped off into 8 ft. segmented “boxes” that participants will be asked to stay in.
- Benches are spaced 8ft apart. Participants will not be allowed to move benches.
- Some benches have been moved to Court #3.
- Student workers will not be allowed to provide spotting.
- Participants are asked to avoid maximum lifts.
- Participants will not be allowed to move between benches/equipment between sets; must complete all sets before moving on to next exercise
- A scheduling program may be implemented to limit the number of people in this area.
- Selectorized Weight Machines
- Weight machines have been spaced 8 ft. apart. Complete your sets before moving on to the next exercise.
- Cardio equipment has been moved to ensure a minimum of 10 ft. separation between machines. Some equipment has been moved to Court #3.
- Stretching Areas
- Floor has been taped off into 8 ft. segmented “boxes” that participants will be asked to stay in.
- Hard to clean and unmonitored equipment has been removed (all mats, medicine balls, etc.)
- Functional/Cable machines
- One – two persons at a time depending on which station is being utilized.
Group Exercise Classes:
- Floor will be taped off into 10ft segmented boxes.
- Class will be limited to the number of “boxes”
- Group exercise instructors will retrieve any equipment needed for class and will ensure all equipment is cleaned after class.
- Speed bags have been removed from Rm. 115
- Bouldering allowed on both the tower and bouldering wall. No top rope climbing. Follow university guidelines regarding room capacity.
Follow us on social media for news and updates about our events!
*** USI just joined over 100 other universities to offer you MORE CLASSES and WORKOUTS! Sign up FREE by going to: https://2020recreationmovement.com/signin
Find lots of workouts on our Facebook page!!!! https://www.facebook.com/USI-RFW-92891069832/?ref=bookmarks
Looking for a quick HIT (high intensity) workout? Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml__mnjPD7Q
Are you missing Butts N' Guts? One of our student instructors did a youtube video for you to check out! See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-8OJGpzbg&feature=youtu.be
ADDITIONAL places to search for a free workout:
Check out these free (for a limited time) resources:
- Runners World
- Down Dog Yoga App
- Fitness Blender
- Sweaty Betty
- Do Yoga with Me
Explore a list of online wellness resources.
NEW: Summer wellness resources
Archie's Food Closet:
Archie's Food Closet is open during regular building hours.
Additional food pantries in the Vanderburgh county area: View a list.
The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration is also able to help students and families find food resources. It includes a constantly updated, searchable, meal site/food assistance map for the entire state of Indiana. Click here for more information.