Complete the Graduate Studies online application to express your interest in becoming a USI Graduate Student. First, create an account. Save this information to quickly look up the items Graduate Studies has received or still missing.
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $40 application fee to complete their graduate application.
Is my fee waived?
- Veterans or those currently serving in the US Armed Forces
- Current USI employees
- Fullbright Scholars
- McNair Scholars
Already created an application account? Sign in to view your status.
The School of Graduate Studies requires every degree seeking applicant to submit an official transcript from the institution at which the highest degree was earned. Applicants must submit unofficial transcript(s) from all other institutions attended. Applicants who wish to seek transfer credit for graduate coursework, must submit an official transcript from the institution where that work was completed. Coursework from one institution reported as transfer credit on another school's transcript constitutes neither an official nor an unofficial transcript. USI transcripts do not need to be requested. Electronic submission of transcripts is preferred and will expedite the review of applications.
- Official Transcript - An official transcript is one that has been sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies by the evaluation agency providing the credential. The applicant must request that it be sent to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Unofficial Transcript - An unofficial transcript is one that has been issued to the applicant, who then submits it to the School of Graduate Studies.
Official International course-by-course evaluated transcripts must be sent from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member to Graduate Studies by email (Graduate.Studies@usi.edu).
Where do I send my transcripts?
Official transcripts must be sent from the previous university to the School of Graduate Studies by email (Graduate.Studies@usi.edu).
Universities that are unable to send transcripts electronically can mail sealed transcripts to:
USI School of Graduate Studies
8600 University Blvd
Evansville, IN 47712
Non-degree Seeking Applicants
Graduate Studies requires non-degree seeking applicants to provide the final, official transcript of the highest earned degree institution. Failure to submit the official transcript will impede admission.
Submit an official (photocopy not acceptable) TOEFL or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report verifying a minimum total score of one of the following:
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550
- TOEFL (internet-based): 79
- IELTS: 6.5
Exception: International students whose native language is English or who have graduated from an American university in which the language of instruction is English are not required to demonstrate language proficiency. Information about the TOEFL administration dates and registration procedure may be obtained from TOEFL Services, Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6151, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6151, USA; telephone 609-771-7100. The web address is www.toefl.org.
For more information regarding specific program requirements and program application deadlines, refer to the Graduate Program page.
- Submit resumes with contact information of three professional references through your online application.
- USI will perform your first class registration and send the results to your USI email account (MBA online, accelerated students only). Please complete the MBA orientation to familiarize yourself with the program, plan your degree path and enroll in additional courses.
- Upon receiving an offer of admission to the MBA program you agree to abide by the University's policies regarding enrollment in and/or withdrawal from courses. Information regarding these policies may be found on the Registrar's website.
- Submit resumes through your online application.
Additional document may be required by the Center for International Programs
- 2022-23 Estimated Expenses
- 2022-23 Statement of Finance Form
- Copy of Visa or Passport
Graduate Studies Admission Criteria
- Applicants must have an overall minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5/4.0.
- Applicants applying before degree conferral must notify Graduate Studies with the name of the university, degree and conferral date.
- Exchange Student? Students participating in an established exchange program between their home istitution and the University of Southern Indiana should contact the International office at their institution to apply for the program. Further information about USI exchange programs is available from the Center for International Programs at USI.
- Re-applying? Complete the admission steps above. Graduate students, including degree seeking and non-degree seeking, who have not enrolled in a graduate course for one academic year must reapply to Graduate Studies and the specific program in which they were originally admitted. Additional documentation may be required of international applicants.