The effective University mileage rate is $0.44 per mile (use Google Maps to help with mileage estimates).
If you choose to drive your personal vehicle, please be aware of the following:
• Liability will be on you and not USI's insurance.
• The mileage rate is designed to cover gas, oil, and fixed costs such as insurance and depreciation.
• Traveler's will record actual mileage traveled using Chrome River via filing an Expense Report for reconciliation/reimbursement.
• Mileage paid may be limited to the cost of reasonable airfare, if applicable.
• Mileage paid will be limited to the distance from the traveler’s primary place of employment or the traveler’s home, whichever is less.
MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT vs VEHICLE RENTAL
Calculate the difference between mileage reimbursement and vehicle rental cost