Admission to Graduate Programs
When applying or reapplying for graduate study at the University of Southern Indiana, students must submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Studies:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate/graduate institutions attended. Official transcripts should be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies in a sealed envelope from the institution(s). Applicants who have taken coursework and/or received a degree from the University of Southern Indiana will not need to obtain an official USI transcript (however, those applicants will need to submit official transcripts of coursework not taken at USI).
- USI Application for Graduate Study
- Apply here to use our secure online admission application. Remember to notify us of all names under which you have attended other institutions and all colleges and universities attended.
- Apply here to print a paper application and mail to the Office of Graudate Studies.
- Non-refundable USI application fee.
- Click here to pay the $40 non-refundable graduate application fee online
- Click here to Mail Application fee - Print this application fee form and mail to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Students who are Veterans or are currently serving in the US Armed Forces are not required to pay the $40 application fee.
Deadline: Students have until 6 pm the day before a semester starts to be accepted into a graduate program. This policy applies to first time applicants and readmission/reapply applicants.
International applicants will need to submit additional materials to the Office of Graduate Studies. For more information on the materials requested of international applicants, please click on the “International Students” link. Effective May 1, 2012, all international applicants must have official transcripts and other academic credentials evaluated and translated prior to applying for graduate study at USI.
Materials sent to the Office of Graduate Studies are used to determine the eligibility of applicants for graduate study at the University of Southern Indiana. In order to be deemed eligible for graduate study at USI, applicants must have an overall minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 (certain graduate programs require a higher minimum undergraduate grade point average for admission into the program of study). Each individual graduate program requires additional, program-specific application materials that are to be sent from the applicant directly to the graduate program director. Please click on the specific graduate program admission link (upper left) in order to view the additional admission requirements of each graduate program.
To expedite the admission process, please contact the Registrar’s Office of all previous colleges and universities you have attended and have them send your transcript DIRECTLY FROM their Registrar’s Office to the following address:
Graduate Studies Office
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712-3534