This position is a unique opportunity to become a voting member of the Board of Trustees, USI's governing body. The Board is composed of community leaders, one alumnus, and one student who is appointed by the governor of Indiana to represent the best interests of the University.
To ensure a successful term, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must have at least 4 semesters (2 years) to complete at USI before graduation.
- Must have 24 credit hours completed by July 1, 2015.
- Must have attended USI the two regular semesters immediately prior to the semester of appointment.
- Must be in good standing and have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and an Indiana resident.
In addition to these requirements, interested candidates must submit an application, resume, essay, and three letters of recommendation: one from a current or former USI professor, one from another University community member, and one from a personal reference outside the University.
Applications are due by April 20th at 3:00pm in the Dean of Students Office in UC East across from Cyclone Salads.
Download the Application
A board of nine trustees, appointed by the Governor of the State of Indiana, governs the University. This site provides information on Board of Trustees membership, meetings, and actions. The Board meets in regular session six times each year and holds an annual meeting in July.
The USI Board of Trustees is governed by Indiana Code which defines the creation, organization, powers, and responsibilities of the Trustees.
Links to Indiana Code related to the USI Board of Trustees: