General Placement Testing Information
Schedule Your USI Placement Test
- For those students who required testing to determine placements, tests are available in English, math, and reading.
- Tests need to be completed at least two weeks before the orientation session.
- A student ID number and photo ID are required to test.
- On-campus testing is available in ED 1111 by appointment Mondays through Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Central Time), unless the university is closed.
- Students unable to come to campus may take their tests online by using a remote option. The virtual remote proctor
- costs the student $25;
- is available all day every day;
- allows the student to test at home using their own computer;
- requires a high-speed internet connection and a webcam.
- Contact Academic Skills for more information on this option.
- Allow 1 hour each for the English and math tests and 30 minutes for the reading test. However, the English test is the only timed test (50 minutes).
- Students with disabilities who are requesting special accommodations:
- Must provide Academic Skills with a letter from Disability Resources stating their approved accommodations.
- Must schedule an appointment with Academic Skills by calling 812/464-1743 at least two weeks prior to placement testing.
- Students who think they can improve their automatic placement in Math, English, and/or Reading can take the placement test to see if they can place higher. It would be a good idea for these students to study first before taking the placement test to maximize their chance to improve their placement.
- One retest will be allowed on the Math and/or Reading if the student still thinks they can do better. Students will be allowed one retest per subject and must wait a minimum of one week before the retest occurs. It is strongly recommended that students spend some time studying before taking the test again.
Contact Academic Skills at 812/464-1743 for more information.