Below is travel booking info that provides guidance on ways USI employees can make business travel arrangements.
To see the steps involved in acquiring approval to travel, view USI's Travel Process.
• Egencia (preferred method for employees)
• Directly from an airline website (e.g., American, Delta, United)
• Third-party booking tool (e.g., Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity)
1. For travel to an international destination, the arrival date is typically one day later.
2. Basic economy airfare is non-refundable regardless of the reason of not being able to fly (e.g., weather, mechanical or personal issues).
3. Beginning October 1, 2021, the TSA is reminding travelers that every traveler must present a REAL ID compliant driver’s license. See the section REAL ID for more information.
• Conference Lodging Rates Available: Book lodging through the conference
• Conference Lodging Rates Unavailable: Book lodging through Egencia or another third-party booking tool (e.g., Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity)
1. Avoid non-refundable lodging rates.
2. Contact the lodging venue directly if you plan to check in after 10 pm local time of the lodging venue.
3. Remember cancellation times refer to the location of the lodging venue, not Evansville time.
• Local Vehicle Rental (within Indiana): Book through USI’s Enterprise web portal
Review both items listed below as each have important and helpful information on properly using vehicle rentals for approved USI business travel:
1. View USI's Vehicle Safety Policy.
2. View USI's Vehicle Rental Process.