Valid grounds for appeal
Appeals may be granted for two reasons:
- There is substantial evidence that you did not commit the violation
- You committed the violation, but due to circumstances beyond your control.
Invalid grounds for appeal
Reasons that are NOT valid grounds for appeal include, but are not limited to:
- Lack of knowledge of the regulation(s).
- Lost citation or “I did not receive the ticket on my vehicle”.
- Did not see a parking sign.
- Had flashers on or parked only for a short period of time
- Inability to find a legally marked space.
- Other vehicles were parked improperly.
- Incorrect permit for area.
- My [coach, professor, supervisor, RA, etc.] told me I could park there.
Student appeals – Students may appeal a citation via the Student Government Association University Court. Student Appeals
Employee and Visitor appeals - Employees and visitors may appeal to the University Appeals Committee. Employee/Visitor Appeals
The deadline for submitting an appeal for students, employees and visitors is 10 business days from the issuance of the citation.
From a campus phone line - call ext. 7777 or 9-911 or
from your cell phone - 812-492-7777 or 911
For routine business call 812-464-1845.
812-421-6201 (Command Post)
Evansville Police Department