Pott College Ambassador
The University of Southern Indiana Pott College Ambassadors (PCA) are a select group of dynamic and innovative leaders who serve as representatives, recruiters, and hosts promoting services and benefits of the college to prospective students, current students, alumni, and their families.
- Represent the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education in various recruitment initiatives.
- Visit their former high schools and discuss the Eagle experience in regards to academics and student life on campus.
- Complete follow-up emails, phone calls, and/or video chats with prospective students.
- Participate in a “Day in the Life of an Eagle” where prospective students shadow a Pott College Ambassador for a day.
- Host a prospective student in the residence halls as a part of a special event being held on campus (SEE USI Open House; MPA; Early College High School).
- Participate in outreach events.
- Weekly hours are flexible depending on the type of recruitment and retention initiative.
- Must complete a Pott College Ambassador orientation prior to beginning any recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Attend monthly meetings to review upcoming events, review recruitment strategies, and provide training on leadership, campus resources, and ways to be an effective ambassador.
- Mentor new students by participating in the Student Advisory Board (SAB) Peer Mentoring program for the STEM and the Education LLC’s (optional).
- Employers, colleges, and universities are wanting to not only good grades but community involvement and service.
- A Pott College Ambassador will help students gain leadership skill and a wide range of transferable skills that will benefit them in seeking a job.
- Students will get connected to and serve the university campus while assisting the community in learning more about the University of Southern Indiana Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate/graduate Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education student.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have completed at least two semesters in the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education prior to becoming an Ambassador.
- Must submit a completed application with resume and unofficial transcript.
- Must complete an interview illustrating your exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- The Pott College Ambassadors are chosen through a selection process that includes an applicant and an interview.
- Applications are accepted in the spring of each year from current Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education students who meet Ambassador criteria. Application is located on the Pott College website.
- Interviews are granted to qualified applicants who are selected through a competitive pre-screening review by a committee of current ambassadors and the Dean’s office.
- Selection will be based on good academic standing, active participation on campus and the surrounding community, and the application response and interview.
The Pott College Ambassador Program is a select group of students. Applying to the program does not guarantee a position.
For more information contact Pott College Ambassador Advisor: