Be sure to follow the RFWC on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for on-going wellness tips this semester. Keep checking back for more resources!
Return to Campus Health and Wellness Guide: This guide, developed by Building Healthy Academic Communities, was created to enhance your well-being as we prepare for an academic year like no other.
Stress, mental wellness, and self-care:
- Coping with stress, fear, and uncertainty: The outbreak of COVID-19 has created stress for many people. This article provides coping strategies and suggestions for self-care.
- Calm Free Resources: Explore a variety of free resources including meditations, practices, videos, and music designed to ease stress from the Calm App.
- Mental Health Resource Center: Explore a variety of resources from the JED Foundation to support mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Breathe: Also from Calm.com, this guided animation invites you to simply breathe in and out.
- Guided Meditations: From the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center, these guided meditations are free to stream or download. There are meditations for sleep, body relaxation, breathing, and working through difficult emotions/situation.
- Free coloring pages: Coloring is a great way to relieve stress! Print these pages at home and enjoy.
- Yoga at home with Zoe: Follow along with guided yoga practices in the comfort of your home. You can either watch the recorded videos, or catch the free live classes on YouTube every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30-11:00 a.m.
- Yoga with Adriene: Free, high-quality yoga videos for all levels. Classes range from 10-45 minutes, and include yoga for beginners, uncertain times, stress, and anxiety.
- Live weekly meditations: Join mindful.org for free guided meditations every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons.
- Mindful.org COVID resources: Explore blog posts about self-care and mental health during this stressful time.
- Active Minds: Active Minds is an organization dedicated to promoting mental health among college students. Their website offers webinars and blog posts about coping amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Coping calendar: 30 actions to look after ourselves as we navigate through the pandemic.
- Tips for self-care during COVID-19: Ways to stay healthy and remain
- Sleep to stay awake: Don't forget the importance of sleep! This resource from University of Michigan allows you to take an online sleep questionnaire and get personalized recommendations to sleep smarter.
- Sleep diary: Use this worksheet from the National Sleep Foundation to track your sleep habits for better quality sleep.
- Spotify Sleep Playlist: A playlist of relaxing instrumentals to help you sleep.
- 5 steps to wind down and fall asleep: Tired of tossing and turning? Read these tips from mindful.org.
- A meditation for easing into sleep: The more you try to force sleep, the less likely you are to achieve it. Explore this guided meditation from mindful.org to let go of stubborn thoughts and get a full night's rest.
- USI Student Financial Success Center: The SFSC provides virtual peer mentoring and support services to advance financial literacy and wellness among students and to promote their retention and success.