University of Southern Indiana

Change Name or SSN

Change Your Name

Students who marry, divorce, or by court order change their name and wish to change the name on their permanent academic record must do so in person. The student should submit a Change of Name form to the Registrar's Office. The request must be accompanied by a social security card bearing the new name.

If you have not requested a change of name with the Social Security Administration, please apply for a new social security card with the nearest Social Security Office. Information on how to apply for, replace, or change your name on your social security card is available online at

Are you a student employee?
Student employees must submit the Change of Name form and social security card to the Human Resources Department; Forum Wing of the Wright Administration building, room 166. Federal regulations require employers to validate that each employee's name on file exactly matches the name which appears on the individual's social security card to ensure proper tax reporting.

Update your USI username/email address

After a Change of Name has been processed, to also change your USI username/email address and display name in Blackboard, submit a Request to Update Email Address Due to Name Change form to Information Technology.

Change Your Social Security Number (SSN)

If your social security number on university records is incorrect, prepare a written request to the Registrar's Office requesting a change and present the request and your social security card in person at the Registrar's Office.

Contact Web Services


Send Email to