Examples of Service-Learning
The following are examples of service-learning projects from universities across the country.
- Communications students preparing public relations materials for non-profit organizations.
- Education students providing after school tutoring with at-risk students.
- Engineering students collaborating with elementary school students to design and construct environmentally sensitive playgrounds.
- Social work and Psychology students researching, designing, and implementing effective group interventions for first-time teen offenders in a Teen Court program.
- English Composition students preparing newsletters for local non-profits and public schools.
- Accounting students offering free tax preparation assistance to low-income clients.
- Economics students providing data analysis for non-profit organizations.
- Public Administration students preparing grant proposals for community organizations.
More information on how you can include Service Learning in your course.