Research shows that the first 40 days (6 weeks) of college are critical for students, and may be important in determining a student's ability to persist and graduate. What a student does during the very beginning of their first semester of college can set the foundation for the next several years of school.
To help ease students through the college transition, USI compiles a list of fun events and activities taking place on campus and in the Evansville community available to new students during their first 40 days at the University.
These "First 40" events will help new students:
- Connect with fellow students
- Participate in social or cultural activities outside the classroom
- Learn about opportunities for engagement on campus and in the community
Stay connected throughout the year on our EagleSync page. Upcoming events are listed below on the calendar.
Service Saturdays - Saturday, September 22 - Applications are open
- Service Saturdays introduce students to the local community through a one-day service project. This project volunteers will help build a new playground for local youth in Evansville.
- Date & Time: Saturday, September 22 from 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Price: Free - There will be a light breakfast and lunch served. Transportation to and from campus will be provided.
- Application Deadlines: Group Leader applications are due Friday, August 31 and Participant applications are due Friday, September 7.
- All participants must attend the mandatory meeting on Tuesday, September 18 at 6 p.m.
- For more information and to apply for the program, go to https://orgsync.com/70045/forms/328281.
First 40 Days Event Schedule and Information