The annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Luncheon features a prominent, successful African American keynote speaker and attracts a large crowd from throughout the community. Past speakers have included actors, journalists, judges, authors and Olympians, among others. The luncheon encourages and inspires attendees to continue working for the cause of racial equality, for which Dr. King gave his life.
The event is sponsored by the USI Multicultural Center and other sponsors, which vary each year.
11 a.m., Monday, January 15, 2018
Carter Hall, University Center West
Speaker: Dr. Johnnetta B. Cole
- First female president of Spelman College and past president of Bennett College
- A prolific author and editor as well as the recipient of 64 honorary degrees
- Helped to found one of the first Black studies programs
- Past director of the Smithsonian National Museum of African Art
This event is sponsored by the USI Foundation and the Multicultural Center.
Order Tickets Online
Tickets may be purchased at the Multicultural Center (University Center East, Room 1244) or with an Eagle Access Card at USI Dining Services (Lower Level of University Center West). For additional information or special accommodations, contact the Multicultural Center at 812-465-7188 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- USI student tickets - $5 (on sale now)
- USI employee tickets - $10 (on sale December 4, 2017)
- General public tickets - $15 (on sale December 11, 2017)