The annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Luncheon features a prominent, successful African American keynote speaker and attracts a large crowd from throughout the community. Past speakers have included actors, journalists, judges, authors and Olympians, among others. The luncheon encourages and inspires attendees to continue working for the cause of racial equality, for which Dr. King gave his life.
The event is sponsored by the USI Multicultural Center and other sponsors, which vary each year.
11 a.m., Monday, January 21, 2019
Carter Hall, University Center West
Speaker: Donna Brazile
- Former Chair of the Democratic National Committee
- New York Times Best-Selling Author
- Top 50 Women in America by Essence magazine
- Named among the 100 Most Powerful Women by Washington magzaine
- Recipient of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s highest award for political achievement
This event is sponsored by the USI Foundation and the Multicultural Center.
Order Tickets Online
Tickets may be purchased at the Multicultural Center (University Center East, Room 1244) or with an Eagle Access Card at USI Dining Services (Lower Level of University Center West). For additional information or special accommodations, contact the Multicultural Center at 812-465-7188 or email@example.com
- USI student tickets - $5 (November 26, 2018)
- USI employee tickets - $10 (on sale November 26, 2018)
- General public tickets - $20 (on sale December 10, 2018)