The following services are available to provide options for class use by USI Faculty. If you have questions concerning the services, contact Dianne Grayson, Assistant Director for Collections and Resource Management, email@example.com | 812-464-1905, for assistance.
Guidelines / Best Practices:
- If you need a DVD for an on-campus class, please check in fUSIon for title availability from our DVD collection
- Items from Rice Library's DVD collection can be placed on Reserve for On-Campus classes
Filmakers Library Online, https://login.lib-proxy.usi.edu/login?url=https://video.alexanderstreet.com/channel/filmakers-library-online
Filmakers Library Online provides award-winning documentaries with relevance across the curriculum-race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more. It presents points of view and historical and current experiences from diverse cultures and traditions world-wide.
- Click on the link to access the Kanopy library of films or copy and paste the URL in your browser.
- You may browse from the main page or search for specific subjects. You also have the option to use keyword searching through the search box at the top of the screen.
- If you wish to create a "Watchlist", for future viewing purposes, you will need to create an account at the site. We suggest using your MyUSI login, for ease of memory, but the choice is yours. The "Watchlist" URL can be embedded into your Blackboard pages, (useful if you want to give students a choice of videos to view).
- With an account you can also create a "Playlist" for your students to view. The "Playlist" could be complete videos or a compilation of clips you create.
- Click on the link to Swank or copy and paste the URL in your browser.
- First time users must register with the site, please do not share your password.
- Use "Advanced Search" to show catalog for requesting videos.
- Due to licensing arrangements there will be a 24-48 hour delay before a title is available for viewing. Weekends and Holidays may result in a longer delay, so we encourage you to make your requests early. You will receive communication advising you of the availability of the titles you request.