Librarian and Staff Positions (Full-time):
Click below to apply,
Reference and Instruction Librarian
||Reference and Instruction Librarian, Library Services - A18021A2
|Full-time or Part-time?
|Job Description Summary
The David L. Rice Library at the University of Southern Indiana seeks a highly-motivated and creative librarian to join our team.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian will:
• Conduct research instruction sessions
• Provide in-person and virtual reference service
• Assist in planning and executing outreach activities for the library
• Assist in publicizing programs or resources to the University community
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• American Library Association-accredited Master of Library Science degree (or equivalent) required
• Prior experience in reference work is strongly preferred
• Experience in providing library instruction is preferred
• Teaching experience is preferred
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/hr/employmentpage to log in or set up an account. When you select the Apply to this Job link near the top of this page, you will be prompted to complete the appropriate Faculty/Administration application. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position which include letter of application; current curriculum vitae; and names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Mrs. Debbie Clark, Search Committee Chair. Candidates selected for interview will also be required to provide unofficial transcripts, with official transcripts required at a later stage.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.
Student Worker Positions:
Students interested in applying for a job in the Library, fill-out the online form.
Student Worker Application Form