Librarian and Staff Positions: (Currently 1 Full-time Librarian position available, see below)
Click below to apply,
Head of Reference and Instruction Services Librarian
||Head of Reference and Instruction Services Librarian, Library Services - A18035A2
|Full-time or Part-time?
|Job Description Summary
The David L. Rice Library at the University of Southern Indiana seeks a highly-motivated and creative librarian to join our team to serve as the Head of Reference and Instruction Services Librarian.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Oversee and actively contribute to the activities of the library’s Reference and Instruction unit, fostering a collegial, creative, and team-oriented environment
• Provide leadership to expand and continually improve the library instruction program, research assistance, and outreach initiatives
• Monitor and evaluate the services provided by the Reference and Instructional Services unit
• Manage and coordinate the work of full-time librarians participating in reference, instruction, online learning, and outreach activities
• Hire, train, supervise, coordinate, and evaluate the work of graduate assistants
• Provide instruction and reference assistance to a variety of learners through a variety of mediums
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• American Library Association accredited Master of Library Science degree (or equivalent) required
• Minimum of five years of professional academic library experience required
• Three or more years of professional library experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
• Three years of direct teaching experience is required, along with program planning, and/or project management experience
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills required
• Ability to work independently, flexibility, and attention to detail required
• Proficiency with technology used in an educational or library setting required
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/hr/employmentpage to log in or set up an account. When you select the Apply to this Job link near the top of this page, you will be prompted to complete the appropriate Faculty/Administration application. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position which include cover letter; current resume; names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references; and unofficial transcripts. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and addressed to the attention of Ms. Jennifer Greene, Search Committee Chair. Official transcripts also will be required of candidates who are finalists for the position.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.
Student Worker Positions:
Students interested in applying for a job in the Library, fill-out the online form.
Student Worker Application Form