Scripps Howard Center for Media Studies
The Scripps Howard Center for Media Studies at the University of Southern Indiana represents one of the finest opportunities in mass communication education in the Midwest.
Made possible through a $200,000 grant from the Scripps Howard Foundation headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Center for Media Studies is a state-of-the-art learning facility equipped with the mass communication technologies used by industry professionals.
Additionally, the Center is the department's focal point for special activities ranging from professional journalism seminars to a place where high school media advisers can learn from one another. The Scripps Howard Center has become the nucleus for:
- Professionals in residence
- Social Media Symposium
- Roundtables on emerging news issues and trends
- Outreach programs for Tri-State high schools
- Publications workshops and practicums
- High School Media Day for Tri-State journalism students
The Scripps Howard Center for Media Studies is located in the lower level of the Liberal Arts Center.