University of Southern Indiana
Senior Seminar Exhibition
The University of Southern Indiana Senor Seminar Exhibition is a presentation of selected student artworks from the past year, held at the McCutchan Art Center/Pace Galleries. The works are chosen by a panel of Art faculty and art professionals. This jurying process is used to provide an educational experience for students in preparation for professional careers in art. Juried exhibitions are standard procedure in group art exhibitions at universities, museums, and art associations.
Eligibility for Entry
- All current students who are art majors or who are enrolled in Art 493 or ArtD 494 in the academic year.
- Artworks entered must have been completed during the student's time at the University of Southern Indiana.
- All artwork submitted for jurying must be the student's original artwork. Copies of other artists' work are not acceptable. Consult a faculty member, if in doubt.
- Each student may enter up to 5 works in any combination of media.
- Images will be submitted online with your application. If you are presenting three-dimensional work, you may send a detail of each piece. The images must be high-resolution images (300 ppi) and they can be no larger than 1800 pixels on their longest sides. Save your images as jpgs or pdfs and name the files using your last name followed by your first initial and then an image number. Add the word “detail” to your detail images. As an example, applicant John Smith's #1 image will be named like this: smithj1.jpg. A detail of Smith’s #1 sculpture would be named: smithj1detail.jpg.
- Video or complex animations must be submitted to your professor on CD readable by both Macs and PCs. Make sure that the CD is clearly marked with the title of the piece(s), your name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- If selected 2-dimensional works must be matted or mounted with a neutral-colored mat, framed under glass or Plexiglas in a simple neutral-colored frame, to be hung in the exhibition.
- No wet work will be accepted.
- All 2-dimensional works must be wired with picture wire for hanging.
- Painting on canvas or panels should be lattice framed or, with approval, gallery wrapped.
- 3-dimensional works must allow handling without special equipment. Pieces requiring special assembly or having gross weight over 150 lbs must be cleared with the art faculty before being juried. (WALL ASSEMBLING MUST BE NOTED; PIECES WITH MULTIPLE PARTS MUST INCLUDE AN IMAGE OF THE ASSEMBLED WORK.)
- All works must be labeled with a copy of the tag submitted with your application. Any work not securely labeled will not be accepted by the gallery.
- All works must be ready to install or hang on WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26. There will be no exceptions.
- The art faculty retains the right to remove any work deemed not original or that does not meet the specifications above.
Sale or Insurance
The University of Southern Indiana insures all accepted artworks for the duration of the exhibition. If the artwork is for sale, please put an amount appropriate for a student work; if the artwork is not for sale (NFS), please indicate an amount appropriate for a student work. There is a limit of $1,000 for sale price and/or insurance value; the two values must be the same.