USI Friendship Family Program
The USI Friendship Family Program is temporarily on hold for the 2020-2021 academic year due to COVID-19.
The USI Friendship Family Program is designed to encourage international student involvement with American families in the USI and Evansville community. We hope that this type of interaction will be beneficial to the students and families alike. Casual social occasions (dinner, sports activities, holiday visits, etc.) are perfect times to get together with each other, for friendship and relaxation. Please note this is not a homestay program.
The friendship family is NOT responsible for:
- Money matters
- Immigration regulations, visas, work permits, etc.
- Academic counseling or class attendance
- Registration procedures and payment of tuition
Becoming involved in the program is easy! Interested families and students can download the appropriate application:
- Apply to be a friendship family - American families
- Apply for a friendship family - international students
Already submitted your application for the USI Friendship Family program? Check out our new informational handbook!
For more information, contact Nicole Vernon, Program Coordinator, in the Center for International Programs.