A limited number of international scholarships are offered on a competitive basis to well qualified degree-seeking students. Interested students should complete a separate scholarship application in addition to the application for admission. These scholarships are primarily for incoming freshmen (first time students who have not attended a college or university after high school) but transfer students may also be considered.
- Global Leader Scholarships are equivalent to instate tuition waivers estimated at approximately $10,656 per academic year.
It’s Easy! Complete one application to apply for all
international student scholarship opportunities!
- Before completing the International Student Scholarship Application, students must first apply for admission and be accepted to USI.
- Complete the International Student Scholarship application by the deadline.
- Have a demonstrated record of achievement with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4 point scale.
- Have or plan to have a non-immigrant visa (i.e. a F-1 or J-1 student visa).
- Preference given to freshmen (first time student who has not attended any colleges or universities after high school with the exception of ESL study).
- Applicants can start in USI's Intensive English Program first, but must complete the International Student Scholarship application with original application/acceptance to USI.
- Applications for priority consideration must be submitted by March 15th for the Fall term or October 1st for the Spring term.
The international student scholarship application consists of four components: the application, two recommendation forms with recommendation letters, and two essays. The international scholarship review committee will award available scholarships to appropriate applicants based on a variety of factors.
USI is a proud participant in the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program, granting in-state tuition waivers to 2 selected scholars. To apply, visit the YAWH website at https://www.youarewelcomehereusa.org/2021-scholarship.