Residence Hall Amenities
*Photos in links below are from the showroom and a wedge room in Newman Hall unless otherwise noted (decorations and accessories not included). The showroom represents a two bedroom, four person suite in Newman, Governors, O'Bannon and Ruston halls. The wedge room represents a one bedroom in Newman, Governors, O'Bannon and Ruston halls. Please remember that while buildings are similar room/window dimensions and furniture/flooring styles may vary.
- There are four freshman-only buildings with interior hallways. Each building has an elevator.
- Suite-style layout with 695 square feet in two bedroom suites.
- Four people per suite, two per bedroom, except in the one bedroom wedge room.
- Two bedroom suite common living area includes couch, chair, and mini-kitchen area with sink, under-the-counter refrigerator (provided), and storage cabinets. Residents must provide dishes, utensils, microwave, etc.
- Limited availability of one person bedrooms (wedge rooms): single twin bed (photo: Ruston Hall), one dresser, one closet (photo: Ruston Hall), no living room, desk/chair (photo: Ruston Hall, also pictured is a dresser), chair, bathroom (photo: Ruston Hall) and mini-kitchen area with sink, storage cabinets and under-the-counter refrigerator (provided). Residents must provide dishes, utensils, microwave, etc.
- Overhead lighting with ample outlets for individual lamps (halogen not permitted).
- Individual temperature controls by suite.
- In each hall, the bedrooms have carpet while the bathroom and common area are vinyl flooring.
- Residents are responsible for cleaning their suites and must provide their own cleaning supplies and trash cans.
- Bedrooms have two desks/chairs, two twin beds with mattresses (beds are standard size twin). Two bedroom suites do not have dressers.
- Each bedroom has a private bathroom with a towel bar. A shower liner and hooks are provided. Most residents also bring a shower curtain. Residents must provide toilet paper, towels, toiletries, etc.
- Beds raised to their highest have a space of 30" high underneath for storage. Lofts and bed risers are prohibited.
- Beds can be bunked. Metal pins are in each bedroom to do so. Students are responsible for bunking beds.
- Each bedroom has two closets - one for each resident. Single bedroom (wedge room) has one closet. All closets have a top shelf that runs the length of the closet. In Newman and Governors, there is additional shelving that is along one side of each closet. Doors slide on all closets in residence halls.
- There are two windows in each bedroom in the two bedroom suites. Corner suites will have one bedroom with four windows and one bedroom with two windows. (Note that photo only shows three of the four. The fourth window is off camera on the right.) Window blinds are provided and cannot be removed. Residents may hang curtains but should only use tension curtain rods. It is recommended that residents wait until they move in to measure windows for curtains since dimensions may vary among buildings.
- There is a floor to ceiling glass panel with a window in the middle in single wedge rooms in Newman and Governors. There are blinds that cover the entire glass panel and window. There is one window in single wedge rooms in Ruston and O'Bannon with blinds. Blinds should not be removed.
- Rooms are equipped with Ethernet connections and wireless Internet access (resident must provide Ethernet cord). There is no specific cord length as it depends on how residents choose to arrange the furniture in the rooms.
- New for fall 2020 - SpectrumU will replace traditional cable TV. It is a TV streaming service that lets you watch live TV anytime, anywhere on campus using your phone, tablet, laptop, desktop or Roku® device.
- All halls have six computer lab areas.
- There is a large first floor lounge in each hall (photo: O'Bannon Hall).
- Lounge space is on second and third floors in Newman and Governors. Additional lounge space is on the second and third floors as well as lower level in O'Bannon and Ruston.
- Vending machines and a pay printer are located in each building.
- There is a laundry room on the second floor of each building. Laundry uses coins or Eagle Access Card. Laundry is $1.50 to wash per load and $1.25 to dry per load.
- An ice machine is next to the laundry room of each building.
- Mailboxes for residents are located in the lobby of each building on each side of the front desk.