Where to go?
- The Residence Life Community Center will be open 24-hours until all power is restored to campus housing. Call the Community Center for information or questions.
If you leave your apartment, please follow these precautions:
- Turn on water in kitchen and bathroom sinks to a slow drip, with the stream just trickling (if the power outage occurs during winter weather).
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors under the sinks. This allows the pipes to get more heat (if the power outage occurs during winter weather).
- Open your refrigerator as few times as possible to preserve the food inside.
- Periodic safety checks on the apartments will take place by Physical Plant, Public Safety and Housing and Residence Life staff throughout the power outage and after the power is restored.
You will receive electronic notification once power is restored.
For additional information or periodic updates, please contact the Community Center at 812-468-2445.
839 Pruis Lane
Evansville, Indiana 47712
USI closed/No classes