Online RRT to BSRT (Degree Completion) FAQs
What is the application deadline?
- There is not a deadline to apply.
- Applicants can apply at any time during the year.
Is this an “online” degree completion program?
- Yes – All classes required for degree completion are 100% on-line distance education courses.
What is a “block credit?”
- A block of up to 50 credit hours will be applied toward the BSRT upon proof of the RRT credential and licensure where applicable.
How many credit hours are required to complete the BSRT degree?
- The program is comprised of 120 credit hours of coursework leading to a Bachelor of Science degree in Respiratory Therapy.
- In addition, 39 credit hours of the 120 credit hours earned must consist of at least 39 credit hours in courses at the 300/400 level to be eligible for the Bachelor of Science degree.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours toward the completion of the baccalaureate degree must be earned from USI.
- Students within the degree completion program must meet the University’s core curriculum in addition to the respiratory therapy curriculum in order to fulfill graduation requirements.
What are the admission requirements?
- Applicants must apply and be accepted to the University of Southern Indiana.
- Applicants must complete and submit an application to the Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Applicants must have a post-secondary grade point average at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
- Applicants must hold an RRT credential issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Applicants must hold current licensure to practice respiratory therapy, where applicable.
What are the prerequisites?
- Must have completed a CoARC accredited program in Respiratory Therapy and hold a minimum of Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy.
- Must hold the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential awarded by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
How long is the program?
- The length of the program is contingent upon each student but possible to complete within 24 months or less depending on the number of courses taken each semester.
What degree do I receive?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Respiratory Therapy
Do I need official transcripts?
- Yes, one copy of all previous college or university transcripts for USI Admissions office and one copy mailed separately to the program.
What is required for application to the program?
- You must apply to USI first and be accepted, and then you must apply to the program. More details are located on the Program Admission page
How much is tuition at USI?
Please visit the USI Tuition and Fees page.