University of Southern Indiana

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Can I complete any of the specialty track programs?
    • Students can choose from any of the specialty track programs to complete their BS degree. Completing more than one will not result in a double BS degree.
  • How are courses for the specialty tracks taught?
    • All courses for the specialty tracks have an online option. For some courses, students can choose to attend class. Course materials, testing, and assignment submission are done through the University’s Blackboard system. For specific course information, please contact the individual listed beneath the specialty track of interest.
  • How long will it take to complete the BS degree?
    • It varies from student to student. Some choose to take one class at a time, while others choose to take 12 or more credit hours a semester. Students who need to complete the University Core 39 will require more time.
  • How does my AS degree from my university count toward this degree?
    • Students who have passed the ARRT registry for radiology will receive credit for the AS program as the equivalent to the AS program at USI. Those students who have passed the ARRT examination must submit a copy of their current certification with their application materials.
  • How does transferring of credit hours work?
    • The university evaluates all transcripts from all universities. Please see the university’s transfer credit policy for more information.
  • Do I have to complete the course work in a predetermined amount of time?
    • No. Courses for each of the specialty tracks can be taken in any order. Students can take as little as one class a semester or enroll in a full class load.
  • Can I take classes for registry review purposes without completing the degree?
    • Yes. Degree completion is not a requirement of enrollment in any course.
  • How does the clinical portion of the CT/MRI specialty track work?
    • Because this is an online education program, clinical sites are not provided by the program. Clinical education is usually done where the student is employed. If there is not CT/MRI facility in the student’s workplace, the student is responsible for finding a clinical site. A contract with the University and the imaging facility may be necessary.
  • Am I eligible for graduation honors?
    • Students must have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours at USI in order to be eligible for graduation honors. Transfer and departmental credit do not count towards the 60 hours. Most degree completion students will not take 60 hours of courses at USI. 

Contact Dr. Martin Reed


Send Email to