Faculty and Student Achievements
During the 2014 academic year, nursing faculty produced a total of 95 publications/presentations and received funding for six grants.
During the 2013 academic year, nursing faculty produced a total of 86 publications/presentations and received funding for seven grants.
During the 2012 academic year, nursing faculty produced a total of 111 publications/presentations and received funding for six grants.
Currently 15 nursing faculty hold national certifications in one or more specialty areas.
- More than 50% of DNP students are published in peer-reviewed journals or have presented in national/international venues.
- A USI DNP graduate received the "2014 Excellence in Advancing Nursing Practice Award " presented by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) to recognize an outstanding final project from a student in a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program.
- Locally during 2014, four USI nursing alumni were recognized for the Advancement of the Profession Nurse of the Year, Community Service Nurse of the Year, and the Florence Nightingale, Mentorship, and Leadership awards at Deaconess, Evansville, Indiana.
- Locally during 2014, four USI BSN, RN-Completion, and MSN alumni received the Mentor of the Year; Transformational Leadership; Structural Empowerment Nursing Excellence; New Knowledge, Improvement, and Innovative Nursing Excellence awards from St. Mary’s Medical Center, Evansville, Indiana.
- An MSN student was recognized by the U.S. Navy with the "Sea Star Award" for her achievement in patient safety.