Nursing Management and Leadership
The Nursing Management and Leadership specialty prepares the nurse to assume a nursing management or leadership role in the health care environment. Emphasis will be placed on the integration of finance, business management, information management, and marketing resources management evaluation into the nursing management and leadership roles. There are a total of 42 credit hours in the specialty.
The Nursing Management and Leadership graduate is prepared to:
- Integrate critical thinking skills in complex, multi-dimensional nursing management and leadership situations through the use of economic, finance, marketing and administration theories and principles.
- Analyze the use of management and leadership principles and quality management skills in health care organizations.
- Advance nursing knowledge through research in nursing management, leadership and health care policy.
- Incorporate global influences and the use of information and communication technology into the nursing management and leadership role.
- Integrate legal and ethical standards, professional values, and lifelong learning into the nursing management and leadership role.