Graduate Assistantship Opportunities
Posted on 04/03/2019
Administrative/Research Support: Assist in the delivery of programs and services by Student Development Programs. This position has primary responsibility for the development and implementation of marketing and promotional plans for events and services offered by Student Development Programs. This position will also assist with program implementation as needed. Primary duties include:
- Develop and manage marketing plans for the programs and services offered by Student Development Programs, in consultation with staff.
- Oversee graphic design projects such as posters, digital ads, apparel designs, etc.
- Assist with the development of marketing videos and video advertisements.
- Assist in developing strategies for using social media to engage students and encourage involvement. Administer the department's social media accounts.
- Manage review process and updates to the departmental web pages.
- Coordinate photography and video support when needed.
- Track and assess marketing efforts for the department.
- Learn EagleSync software and develop and implement a marketing plan to market its usage to students and student organizations.
- Assist in the creation of weekly student activities electronic newsletter for campus, First Year at USI newsletter for new students and other promotional messaging using Constant Contact.
- Contribute to the creation, promotion and execution of special events and programs.
- Assist in marketing divisional programs.
- Participate in all Student Development Programs staff meetings.
- Participate in one on one meetings with supervisor and other staff as needed.
- Assist professional staff in the development of various programs, resources, or research as determined by departmental need.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant must currently be working towards a graduate degree at USI in a related field.
Skills | Knowledge | Abilities:
- Photography and video editing experience preferred.
- Experience using Adobe software or Canva for graphics production preferred.
- Familiarity using a variety of social media platforms and website management is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher).
- Ability to work with and relate to a diverse public required.
- Strong organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple demands in a setting of high student contact and interaction required.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to understand and communicate university policies.
Appointment start date:
For more information please contact Ms. Jennifer L. Garrison at email@example.com.