Dr. Ronald Rochon, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs; ex officio
Sandy Frank, Registrar; ex officio
Marna Hostetler, Director of Library; ex officio
Dr. Mayola Rowser, Chair; Director of Graduate Studies
Dr. Bonnie Beach, Director of the Master of Science in Education Program
Dr. Renee Frimming, Chair of Kinesiology & Sport
Dr. Charles Conaway, Director of the Master of Arts in English
Dr. James Dickerson, Director of the Master of Social Work Program
Dr. Melissa Hall, Chair of Graduate Nursing
Dr. Trent Engbers, Director of the Master of Public Administration Program
Dr. Mary K. Arvin, Chair of the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy Program
Dr. Leigh Anne Howard, Director of the Master of Arts in Communication Program
Dr. Tamara Hunt, Director of the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program
Dr. Thomas McDonald, Director of the Master of Science in Industrial Management Program
Dr. Jessica Garces Jensen, Director of the Master of Arts in Second Language Acquisition Program
Dr. Jack Smothers, Director of the Master of Business Administration Program
Dr. Kevin Valadares, Chair of the Master of Health Administration Program
The Graduate Council
The Graduate Council is the academic, executive, and planning committee of the Graduate Faculty. Its membership consists of the director of each graduate program and an elected representative of the Graduate Faculty in each school. In addition, the registrar, director of Library Services, and the provost are ex officio members. The director of Graduate Studies serves as the chairperson.
A. The Graduate Council
- Develops the policies for Graduate standards;
- Reviews and approves recommendations regarding new academic courses and programs;
- Serves as the legislative and administrative body for graduate programs at the University;
- Makes recommendations to the provost and director of Graduate Studies concerning those proposed for membership in the Graduate Faculty;
- Serves as the long-range planning committee for graduate studies at the university.
B. Election of Members
In the spring, the deans of the schools with forthcoming vacancies on the Graduate Council will conduct an election to fill the vacancies of representatives. The election to the Graduate Council will be timed to be distinct from the election to the Faculty Senate.
C. Term of Office
- Elected Graduate Council members shall serve three-year terms. Terms shall be staggered so that no more than two members will complete their terms of office at one time.
- Terms of elected members will begin the first day of the fall semester.
- Members may not be elected to succeed themselves.
- A member shall be eligible to serve a second full term only after the lapse of one or more years following the last period of service.
- A person serving part of a term as a replacement shall be eligible for election to an immediately following term.
- If a vacancy on the Graduate Council occurs between regularly scheduled elections, the School will choose a replacement until the next regular election.
- The Graduate Council shall be empowered to determine whether a vacancy exists.
The Graduate Council will meet at least twice each semester, with meeting times dictated by the current workload.
May 23, 2018
Dr. Leigh Anne Howard
Ms. Lindsey DiTirro
Dr. Wesley Durham
Dr. Charles Conaway
Dr. Michael Kearns
Dr. Susanna Hoeness-Krupsaw
Dr. Oana Popescu-Sandu
Dr. Ernest Hall
Dr. Jason Fertig
Dr. Jack Smothers
Dr. Thomas McDonald
Dr. Marco Lara Gracia
Dr. Mellisa Hall
MMrs. Sharon Arnold
Dr. Roxanne Beckham
Dr. Beth Bonham
Mrs. Matrika Brown
Dr. adine Coudret
Mrs. Cynthia Cuson
Dr. Barbara Davis
Dr. Mikel Hand
Mrs. Jennie Hiam
Dr. Roberta Hoebeke
Mrs. Sue Krieg
Mrs. Allison Krieger
Dr. Judi Kuric
Mrs. Amanda Orr
Dr. Kay Roberts
Mary Rock, Esq.
Dr. Susan Seibert
Dr. M.J. Swartz
Dr. Constance Swenty
Dr. Jennifer Titzer
Dr. Patricia Trethewey
Dr. Colleen Walsh
Mrs. Amber Wheeler
Dr. Angela Wooton
Dr. Janet Kilbane
Dr. Ricahrd Hobbs
Dr. Thomas Litney
Mrs. Jessica Mason
Mrs. Jessica Wood
Dr. Glenna Bower
Dr. Austin Anderson
Mr. Christopher Crawford
Dr. Peter Vanmullem
Mr. Stephen Newton
USI Graduate Studies
8600 University Blvd
Evansville, IN 47712
Wright presents thesis at the Geological Society of America Annual Meeting
Carrie L. Wright completed her Master of Arts in English (MAE) December 2017. Ms. Wright also holds a Master of Science in Geology from Miami University of Ohio, a Master of Science in Teaching from Wright State Uni... (Read more)