Students and alumni have access to our online job bank, Career Launch, to pursue part- and full-time jobs, internships, and co-ops. Employers may post jobs or internships with our university at no charge.
On-campus student worker job information.
Career Launch (Symplicity)
- The Career Launch Symplicity app will recommend and allow you to discover jobs that are tailored specifically to you. Our data scientists have created an algorithm that suggests a list of jobs to you based on the activity of students who are similar to you.
- With the “Search” tab, you can see ALL the jobs posted to your system and filter through them using almost any criteria imaginable – keyword, location, qualification, industry, position type, job function, major/concentration, class
level, work authorization, you name it.
- Labels will appear on each job letting you know if you’re not qualified based on the information in your student profile, helping to make sure you use your time wisely.
- A separate label will appear on jobs that are conducting on-campus interviews so that you can go ahead and proceed with requesting and scheduling an interview right from the app.
- You can apply to jobs posted to your school’s career center directly from the app using the resume and cover letter attached to your student profile. Or, if you’d like, you can “favorite” a job and come back to apply for it later from your mobile device or a computer.
- The “My Jobs” tab lets you track all the jobs you’ve applied to, favorited, and visited – even if you visited from a web browser. You can also track scheduled and requested interviews, and push notifications will provide you with updates and reminders regarding interview invitations, appointments, and more.
- In the “More” tab, you can access the most important features of your school’s CSM system. You can see and edit your student profile, see approved and pending documents, quickly upload new documents, and sign up for counseling appointments and events. Plus, you can participate in surveys to provide feedback to your career center, and you can access your account settings right from the app.
Be sure to ask your USI Career Services if you have any questions about how to maximize the Career Launch!
CareerShift - Provided free for USI students and graduates
Recognizing the need for more systematic, effective tools for online job hunters, CareerShift was created to help job seekers successfully navigate the published and hidden job market to find career opportunities. CareerShift has offered an online set of integrated applications proven to help job seekers since 2007.
Named "The Best Job Search Tool on the Internet," CareerShift is available to individual users, institutions, and organizations in the United States, Canada, UK Countries and Australia. Using an exclusively licensed, patent-pending set of integrated tools, job seekers are able to find employment more easily and conveniently. With CareerShift's robust company and contact database, users can find current job connections and make meaningful new connections.
Job Search Information
A comprehensive timeline to help you make the most of Career Services as well as an exhaustive list of job search websites.