If you attended the Career Fair, please fill out this short survey to let us know how we can improve it for next year. Thank you!
The Regional Teacher Recruitment fair held every spring at USI is one of the largest in the area. School districts both locally and from all over the country attend the fair to recruit upperclassmen and recent graduates. (Fairs specifically to recruit Health Professions and Education majors are held on other dates)
The Fair is in Carter Hall from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Map of Campus)
9:00 - 10:00 a.m. Speaker Series
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Recruitment Fair
1:00 - 3:00 p.m. On Campus Interviews
- Potential career opportunities - School districts come to campus specifically to recruit USI students. Bring several copies of your resume to give employers. They will have information about their current openings, which should may be listed on Eagle Career Launch so you can do your research before the fair.
- Networking - Employers like meeting students face to face. This is your chance to shine! It is sometimes hard to get an interview at the most desirable schools, but everyone gets a chance to chat with employers at a career fair.
- Attending the fair is a great way to get in a professional frame of mind. You will have the chance to dress professionally, introduce yourself to others, hear some of the questions employers and students are asking each other. This can help give you insight for how to prepare for a formal interview.
- Underclassmen should attend the fair to get familiar with how a career fair works. When you are looking for an internship or job you will be prepared and know what to expect!
- Even if you know where you will be working following graduation, it doesn't hurts to network with other companies and employers. You never know when opportunity will come knocking.