Pre-Professional Medical Careers Showcase
This showcase provides the opportunity to meet current medical professionals and students in professional school and attend multiple break-out sessions that will help you to navigate the application process, learn more about various medical professions and what it takes to achieve your goals.
February 23, 2019
12 PM CHECK IN
12-1 PM NETWORKING RECEPTION with
Practicing Professionals and students currently in Professional School
1-2 PM MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL PANEL
2:15-3:30 PM BREAKOUT SESSIONS
3:30-3:45 PM CLOSING
Breakout sessions will cover topics such as:
- What are the differences between the different science majors?
- What is the best major to pursue?
- How is professional school laid out?
- What is life after professional school like?
- How does the application process work?
- What is a typical day like as a practicing professional?
- How do you choose a specialty?
- What is the hardest part to becoming a practicing professional?
- How do you prepare for exams?
- How can I ensure I do well on the admissions exams (MCAT, DAT, OAT, PCAT, etc)?
- What undergraduate opportunities lead to a successful professional school application?
- What different paths can I take to get to professional school?
- What if I don’t want to major in science?
- What about master’s programs? Research?
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant