High School Business Day Case and Scholarship Challenge
Friday, November 4, 2022
- 8:00 - 8:30 Registration
- 8:30 - 9:00 Welcome
- 9:00 - 11:00 Case Presentations/Stock Market Game/Student Organizations and Info Fair
- 11:00 - 11:45 Lunch
- 11:45 - 12:30 Panel Discussion, including open questions
- 12:30 - 1:30 Individual Competition/tour of specialty labs
- 1:30 - 2:45 Campus Tour
- 2:45 - 3:00 Refreshments
- 3:00 - 3:30 Awards Ceremony and Conclusion
High School Business Day will feature both group and individual challenges and provide students the opportunity to compete for scholarships to the Romain College of Business, gain valuable experience, and network with faculty, USI students, and local business professionals. This day is open to all high school students who are interested in learning and having fun. Students may enter one or both challenges or simply enjoy the day. This will be an enjoyable day for teachers, parents, and students. Teams will present their case solutions and compete in the individual challenge. Throughout the day, students will have a chance to interact with USI business faculty, USI students, and business professionals.
- The case competition allows teams of 2-5 students to respond to a challenging, real-world business problem.
- At the competition, teams present their case solution and answer questions in front of a panel of judges comprised of accounting professionals, professors, and college students.
- Top team wins $750 cash to split among team members and $250 cash for the school
- View Case Study
- Individual high school students have an opportunity to take a multiple-choice examination to test their knowledge of business skills and concepts. The examination is taken at the event.
- Awards for highest scores with quickest times:
- First place - $1,000 scholarship to Romain College of Business
- Second place - $500 scholarship to Romain College of Business
- Third place - $250 scholarship to Romain College of Business
- View Exam Study Guide