College students can sometimes feel overwhelmed with the academic demands of college. Any USI student can be paired with an academic coach for assistance and support. Academic coaches offer individualized weekly sessions that can focus on a variety of academic topics:
- specific study skills, such as organization, time management, procrastination, note taking, textbook reading, test taking, memory, and concentration
- self-regulated learning
- student accountability, responsibility, and self-advocacy
- goal setting and planned action
- breaking assignments into manageable parts
- active listening, feedback, collaboration, and encouragement
- successful learning strategies as modeled by coaches
All academic coaches complete an extensive training program led by the Academic Skills staff and are supervised by Learning Specialist Darrin Sorrells (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Got study questions? E-mail Darrin Sorrells at email@example.com.