You can take proactive measures to increase your personal safety and the safety of your property.
- Avoid walking alone
- Walk in well-lighted areas
- Walk well clear of areas of heavy foliage
- Be alert and aware of the surroundings
- Remove property from plain view
- Roll up car windows
- Remove keys
- Lock all doors
Personal Property Safety
- Secure valuables left in your apartment or vehicle
- Engrave all valuables through the Operation Identification program
- Write your driver’s license number in your books
- Lock the doors and windows to your apartment when you leave and when you are sleeping or are in the bathroom
- Lock your office when you leave
- Keep your purse, wallet, and other valuables in a secure location
- Do not leave cash unattended
- If you are entrusted with a key to a specific area, never lend it to anyone
- If you receive annoying or obscene phone calls, HANG UP. Report the time of the call, what the caller said and any background noises
- Be alert to strangers
- Report the loss or theft of keys, equipment, or valuables.
From a campus phone line - call ext. 7777 or 9-911 or
from your cell phone - 812-492-7777 or 911
For routine business call 812-464-1845.
812-421-6201 (Command Post)
Evansville Police Department
Parking Lot C - Bays 2, 3 and 4 - will be closed from midnight until 10 p.m. on Wednesday, February 25. Please plan accordingly. Parking Lots K and L will remain available for parking.