NOTE: The Card Access Request form is for use by deans, department chairs, supervisors or their designees for submission to Public Safety. It is not intended for direct student/employee use. Requests that do not follow these protocols will be denied.
- Card reader access to facilities requests must be submitted via the Card Reader Access Request form and emailed to the Public Safety – Card Access Group email (PSCardAccess@usi.edu) as an attachment, not in the body of the email.
- The form must be typed legibly. Handwritten, xeroxed forms will not be accepted.
- Requests must be sent from the requesting person's usi.edu email address.
- All requests for student access must be submitted by the dean or department chair (or their authorized designee) responsible for the building/room for which access is needed.
- Request for employee access must be submitted by the department head or their authorized designee.
- The list of authorized designees must be submitted to Public Safety and should be updated to reflect any personnel changes during the academic year.
- The request should include the student’s/employee's name (as it appears in Banner; no nicknames), Banner (student/employee) ID number, Card # (see below), the specific room number or numbers (not the name of the lab/area).
- Unless otherwise specified, student card access is 24/7 and expires at the end of the current semester.
- Allow two to four business days for access requests to be entered into the system.
- If a student or employee no longer requires or is allowed access to one or more areas, please send an email to the above address requesting deactivation of the access(es).
- As of August 21, 2017, we will no longer provide access to students/employees with an old-format Eagle Access Card (see below). New cards are available at the Eagle Access Office in University Center West room 003. There is no charge for the upgrade provided the old card is turned in at the time of replacement.
Access requests require the following information:
Eagle Access Card:
- Last name, first name and middle initial (must match Banner).
- Card #
- The Card # always begins with 585998; we only need the 10-digit number that follows
- If a replacement card is issued, the Card # will change.
- The new Card # must be submitted to the Public Safety - Card Access Group email for activation.
- Banner ID (student/employee ID)
NOTE: WE ARE NO LONGER ENTERING CARD READER ACCESS TO EAGLE ACCESS CARDS WITH THE FORMAT BELOW. STUDENTS/EMPLOYEES MAY VISIT THE EAGLE ACCESS OFFICE IN UNIVERSITY CENTER WEST TO OBTAIN A NEW CARD.