Many online courses require exam proctoring. If a student is unable to attend a scheduled proctored exam with the instructor, he/she may schedule a proctored exam on campus at Online Learning or with an approved external proctor.
Online Learning Proctoring
Online Learning provides exam-proctoring services for students Tuesdays 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Notify email@example.com at least one week prior to dates of the anticipated need for proctoring services.
- Provide firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of students requiring proctoring services.
- Email the exam with a completed Exam Proctoring Instructions Form to email@example.com at least two business days before scheduled exam appointments.
- At least three business days before the date of proctored exam, call Online Learning at 812-465-1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your exam.
- Inform your instructor of your scheduled exam appointment with Online Learning.
- Arrive at Online Learning (FA29) for your exam with a photo ID and permitted exam materials.
An external proctor may be approved from the following list:
- a school superintendent, principal, counselor, or teacher
- an administrator or librarian of a college or university
- a workplace company executive, administrator, or senior supervisor
- a commissioned officer whose rank is higher than the student’s (military)
Please note, relatives, friends, or non-qualified individuals may not serve as external proctors. Online Learning will screen each potential proctor.
- Request permission from your instructor to utilize an external proctor for your exam(s).
- Complete the Student portion of the External Exam Proctoring Request Form.
- Identify a potential external proctor and provide the External Exam Proctoring Request Form (with Student portion completed).
- Instruct the individual to complete the External Proctor portion of the External Exam Proctoring Request Form and have he/she email the completed form to email@example.com. NOTE – request form must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the proctor and from the proctor’s email address. Please note that some external proctors may require a fee. You are responsible for any fees.
- Contact your approved external proctor at least five business days before each exam due date to schedule your exam.
- Inform your instructor and Online Learning after you have scheduled each exam. Call 812-465-1010 or email email@example.com
- Provide firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of students approved for external proctoring services.
- Email the exam with a completed Exam Proctoring Instructions Form to email@example.com at least two business days before the student’s exam appointment.
For paper/pencil exams, the completed exam is sent to the instructor directly from the proctor. When the exam arrives, verify the legibility of exam and notify proctor that he/she may shred original copy.