Need a place to study or collaborate on a class project in a small or large group?
GROUP STUDY ROOMS
Group study rooms, varying in size to accommodate groups of 2 to 12, are located on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors. We recommend reserving group study rooms online. (BookIt Scheduler and BookIt FAQ).
Intended for use by 2 or more people.
Individuals using a study room will be asked to leave, if a group needs it. (There are Individual study rooms on the 4th floor.)
Students may reserve rooms up to 2 hours per day, 6 hours per week and up to 30 days in advance. Unreserved rooms may be used, but you will be asked to leave when the room has a reservation.
- No food is permitted!
- Drinks are allowed in Closed containers. Food is a threat to furniture, carpet, electronics, and books.
- Please help keep this building an inviting place.
- Work quietly. This room shares a wall with other rooms or areas and is not sound-proof.
- Rooms are locked during closing rounds which begin 30 minutes prior.
- Markers and erasers are available for use with dry erase boards. Bring your ID to the Checkout counter to check them out.
- Rooms cannot be “held” - if they are not actively being used, someone else may occupy.
- Do not leave items unattended! Thieves are busy in this library. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
COLLABORATIVE GROUP STUDY SPACE
On the first floor next to the Reference Area there are movable tables, whiteboards, and TV's for students who wish to collaborate on group projects. The TV's are compatible with most apple and android devices, to project assignments on the screen. Students may also checkout a device to use. View video on how to use the TV's.
QUIET STUDY ROOMS
The second floor Grand Reading Room and the 4th floor Kleymeyer Hall of Presidents Reading Room have both been designated for Quiet Study. Throughout the year, special events are often held in the Grand Reading Room, when these events occur the 4th floor Kleymeyer Hall of Presidents will stay open for quiet study.
INDIVIDUAL STUDY ROOMS
These 12 study rooms are located on the fourth floor.
- This room is for individual use, not groups.
- No food is permitted. Food attracts insects and is a hazard to furniture, carpet, electronics, and books.
- Please help keep this building a clean and inviting place.
- Drinks are allowed in Closed containers.
- Work quietly. This room is not sound-proof.
- This room cannot be reserved.
- Do not leave items unattended. Thieves are busy in the library. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If you notice any issues with the room such as: (the door won’t close, chair has a loose knob, etc.), please let us know.
If you have questions or need assistance: Checkout desk: 812-464-1913 or Reference desk 812-464-1907.