We are USI’s Mu Phi chapter of the international English honor society, Sigma Tau Delta. We are also a fun, lively, energetic, and goal-directed group of outstanding students.
What we have done recently?
- Trekked to New Orleans for the annual Sigma Tau Delta conference, where we received a plaque for our chapter’s 25th anniversary, attended workshops and panels, explored Bourbon Street and the French Quarter, visited the world-famous Café du Monde, and in general had a great time.
- Conducted two inductions (fall and spring) for new members.
- Hosted a Christmas party for the English Department.
- Organized a book drive to benefit the Youth Village in Vincennes.
So why should you join?
As a member of Sigma Tau Delta, you can:
- Compete for many generous scholarships and awards,
- Present papers at the annual conference,
- Submit your work to be considered for publication in the society’s two international journals, The Review (scholarly work) and The Rectangle (creative), as well as in the new Midwest region on-line journal, Ex Medio, and
- Be recognized in many other ways for scholarship, leadership, and service.
In order to become a member of the University of Southern Indiana chapter of Sigma Tau Delta you must meet the following requirements:
Membership applications are available outside the Sigma Tau Delta room (OC 3005) or from the chapter sponsor, Dr. Kearns.
- 3.25 GPA in English classes and a 3.0 overall.
- 12 English hours completed (not counting 101 & 201).
- LIFETIME dues are currently $50.