A limited number of international scholarships are offered on a competitive basis to well qualified degree-seeking students. Interested students should complete a separate scholarship application in addition to the application for admission. Scholarships consist of several levels of support. These scholarships are primarily for incoming freshmen (first time students who have not attended a college or university after high school).
- International Merit Scholarships range from $500-$3,000 per year, renewable for the duration of the academic program, including Intensive English.
- Global Leader Scholarships are equivalent to instate tuition waivers estimated at approximately $10,656 per academic year.
- Global Ambassador Scholarships provide tuition, room, and board on campus for students who are enrolled in a degree program. Unavailable at this time
- Randall L. Haaff International Student Scholarship proves a $500 scholarship per year for up to 4 years for high achieving students.
- Intensive English Program Top Achiever provides a one-time $500 scholarship to a top performing student completing level 6 of the IEP and continuing into a bachelor’s degree program at USI.
- Before completing the International Student Scholarship Application, students must first apply for admission and be accepted to USI.
- Complete the International Student Scholarship application by the deadline.
- Have a demonstrated record of achievement with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4 point scale.
- Have or plan to have a non-immigrant visa (i.e. a F-1 or J-1 student visa).
- Preference given to freshmen (first time student who has not attended any colleges or universities after high school with the exception of ESL study). Can start in the Intensive English Program first, but must complete the International Student Scholarship application with original application/acceptance to USI.
The international student scholarship application consists of four components: the application, two recommendation forms with recommendation letters or comments, and two short essays. The international scholarship review committee will award available scholarships to appropriate applicants based on varying factors.