Here's the upcoming events you can attend for activity points:
- Honors Student Assembly meeting, Thursday, 2/22 at 5:30 in Forum 2 – activity point!
Come hear what your HSA officers have planned for the semester, meet other Honors students, and enjoy pizza.
2. Honors Student Assembly meeting, 4/2 at 5:30 in Forum 2 - activity point!
Other Academic/Cultural Events:
For these events, email email@example.com after the event with your name, ID#, event name and date, and a thoughtful paragraph of what you learned at the event to get your activity point. If you know of upcoming events we should announce, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
- French Film Festival: Fridays at 7 pm in Forum 1 from 1/19 – 2/23 – earn activity point! You may not receive more than 2 points for these movies.
Free and open to the public. All films with English subtitles
- Documentary: “Lost Angels: Skid Row is My Home.” Evansville native Terri “Detroit” Hughes will share her journey during a public screening of the documentary. 2/19, 6:30 in Carter Hall
- Spoken word poet Kavindu “Kavi” Ade: Performance of “Intersectionality” and Q&A 2/20, 6:00 pm in Forum 1 – earn activity point!
- Mandela Social Justice Day: Tia Oso keynote address “Chaos or Community: The Persistent Question in Achieving Racial Progress and Human Rights” 2/21, 6 pm in Carter Hall (UC) – earn activity point!
- Presentation by USI’s Mike Strezewski: “USI Archaeology at the Mann Site – Amazing Prehistoric Remains Under Our Noses”
2/23, 3:00 in Kleymeyer Hall (basement of LA)
- USI’s American Chemical Society Student Chapter – National Webinar on the Opioid Crisis. 2/27, 6:00 in Forum 2
What makes opioid compounds so addictive? What treatments and medications help with addiction? How are chemists working to make prescription pain killers safer and harder to abuse?
- Presentation by Dr. Guisela Latorre: Ohio State University: “Chicana Feminist Murals of Resistance.” 2/28, 7:00 in Kleymeyer Hall (basement of LA)
- Shaw Biology Lecture by Adam P. Summers. “From Finding Nemo to Finding Patents.” 3/21, 7:00 in Mitchell Auditorium.
Dr. Summers runs the comparative biomechanics and biomaterials lab at Friday Harbor Lab. He visualizes 3D fish anatomy with CT scans.
- Presentation by USI’s Lisa Seif and Iris Phillips: 3/23, 3:00 in Kleymeyer Hall (basement of LA)
- Presentation by USI’s Susan Sauls: “Quilting in Community: The Morton Southern Indiana Contemporary Amish Quilt Collection.”
4/13, 3:00 in Kleymeyer Hall (basement of LA)
- USI Theater production: Into the Woods. 4/19-22