Trilogy USI Administrator-in-Training (AIT) Residency Program
2 scholarships valued at $1,500 each
The Trilogy/USI Administrator-in-Training Residency Program is designed to meet the AIT requirements set forth by the Indiana State Board of Health Facility Administrators which include 1,040 hours of AIT work in a long-term health care facility with a qualified Indiana preceptor. Students work with a Trilogy administrator who is a qualified Indiana preceptor. The University of Southern Indiana shall apply for AIT approval with the Indiana State Board of Health Facility Administrators.
Application period: October 16 through October 31, 2017
Who May Apply?
- Full-time students at the University of Southern Indiana enrolled in an undergraduate degree program which prepares them to seek employment in the fields of gerontology, geriatrics, long-term care, and/or long-term care administration. Current students should apply through AwardSpring.
- Non-USI students should apply via this web page. Preference will be given to current full-time USI students.
- Candidate must be able to complete an AIT residency in Evansville, Indiana, or the vicinity (within 60 minutes) or in the Indianapolis area.
- Applicants must have either completed GERO 425 or plan to in spring of 2018.
- Essay: In 800 words or less, please describe your career goals and your philosophy pertaining to care of elders.
- Preference shall be given to students who have interest in obtaining an Indiana Health Facility Administrator (HFA) license.
- Preference shall be given to undergraduate students who have senior status or graduate students with at least one academic year of study remaining at the time the scholarship is received.
- Students who are in good academic standing at the University of Southern Indiana and maintain a 3.25 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale when the scholarship is awarded and received.