MAGIC 1-Credit Course
Special Topics Course - ST-MAGIC:MultiGenInclCommBldg (Multi-Ability, multi-Generational Inclusive Community Building)
This is a one-credit hour course open to all majors from March 12 through May 2 during the Spring 2018 semester.
- Where and When: Wednesdays, 1-3:15 pm in Health Professions HP 1079
- Instructors: Kyrie Carpenter (ChangingAging team member) and Karen Austin (USI adjunct), who will handle onsite logistics.
- Guest Speakers: Members of Dr. Bill Thomas' team will be joining in lectures and some in-person sessions.
- Course Description: An introduction to the MAGIC pilot project between Dr. Bill Thomas and USI and an exploration of how students can participate in the project. During the course, participants will explore the dynamic complexity of building inclusive communities for people of different ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- Registration: To register for this class, students will use "Add/Drop" form. Students may register without a late fee through Friday, March 16.
HP 490.002 Special Topics in Health Professions
In Fall 2018, ST-MAGIC:MultiGenInclCommBldg will be offered twice as a Special Topics Bi-Term Course, and students may register through normal online class registration:
- Bi-Term I (August 20-October 5, 2018) – HP 490.101 Wednesdays, 1-3:15 pm, HP 2025
- Bi-Term II (October 11-November 30, 2018) – HP 490.N03 Online.