To apply for a Graduate Assistantship, complete a Graduate Assistantship application and submit an updated resume.
Please contact the office listed below, if interested in their Graduate Assistantship position.
Tuition waiver and hourly rate is determined by the program or department.
Click the links below for a description of the graduate assistant opportunities.
Posted on 02/27/2018
Administrative/Research Support: Assist int he development and implementation of programs and services for student organizations and student activities offered by the Student Development Programs and the University of Southern Indiana. Primary duties include:
- Responsible for the activities and management of the Student Involvement Center, including student assistant supervision, facilities and resource management, allocation of space, promotion of services and administrative support in the office. This includes and open house.
- Develop and implement organizational development programs for student organizations, student organization leaders, and faculty/staff advisors.
- Work with the Assistant Director and Program Coordinator to manage programs related to Activities Programming Board, Homecoming and SpringFest.
- Learn and market the EagleSync software to student organizations.
- Create weekly student activities email newsletter for campus.
- Assist the Program Coordinator with the implementation of the Student Involvement Fair(s).
- Aid in the facilitation of the student organization renewal process.
- Develop resource material for student organizations, student leaders and faculty/staff advisors.
- Assist in the supervision and coordination of the Cinema USI program.
- Participate in all Student Development Programs staff meetings.
- Participate in one on one meetings with supervisor.
- Assist professional staff int he development of various programs, resources, or research as determined by departmental need.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant must currently be working towards a graduate degree at USI. Leadership experience with student organizations preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher).
- Ability to work with and relate to a diverse public required.
- Strong organizational, time management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple demands in a setting of high student contract and interaction required.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to understand and communicate university policies.
Frequent irregular or extended hours, including evening and weekends, may be necessary to complete departmental deadlines or during special programs and events. Local travel may be required.
Appointment Start Date: A.S.A.P
For more information, please contact Ms. Jennifer Garrison.