In an , Call:
(Office of Public Safety)
or go the nearest
The Counseling Center is available to all students during a crisis (even if a student has already been referred to community resources). If you have an urgent or life-threatening situation, please come to or call the Counseling Center and inform front office personnel that you have an emergency situation. DO NOT send an e-mail or leave a message – we want to talk with you!
After normal business hours, please use one of the following resources in an emergency. Unless otherwise noted, all these resources are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Call 24/7 or chat online from 2:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Para Español: 1-888-628-9454
- Deaf and hard of hearing (TTY): 1-800-799-4889
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255), then press 1
- Call, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24/7. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.
- The Trevor Lifeline (for LGBTQ individuals): 1-866-488-7386
- Southwest Behavioral Health Suicide Prevention Line: 812/422-1100
- Albion Fellows Bacon Center - Domestic Violence: 812/422-5622
- Albion Fellows Bacon Center - Sexual Assault: 812/424-7273
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or chat online