What is the Student Ambassador Organization?
The Student Ambassador Organization (SAO) is a group of individuals that features the very best of what USI has to offer. Although each member of the SAO is unique regarding personality, interests and background, all members share one common thread - pride and enthusiasm for the University of Southern Indiana.
Student Ambassadors serve as University representatives, recruiters, hosts, tour guides, and leaders. The purpose of the organization is to provide guests with University information and a current student's view of campus life at USI. The goal of the SAO is to promote USI to prospective students, current students and alumni.
- Conduct tours of campus and housing
- Perform duties as hosts/hostesses at Admission events (Open Houses, Scholars' Day, Greater Evansville College Fair, receptions, etc.)
- Correspond with prospective students (e-mail, congratulation notes, etc.)
- Serve on student information panels
- Assist with additional recruitment efforts and University event as necessary
Application and Selection Process
- Complete and submit the Student Ambassador application by deadline. Applications are available at the beginning of each semester.
- After applications are reviewed, select applicants will participate in an interview with the Student Ambassador Advisor.
- New Student Ambassadors will be announced at the conclusion of interviews and will attend new member training throughout the semester.
- New members must complete all required training including tour shadowing, a written test and a practice tour given to a member of the executive board before performing official duties as a Student Ambassador
Commitments and Responsibilities
- Conduct weekly office hour providing tours
- Assist with Open Houses (Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.) each semester for prospective students and families
- Additional Saturday tours throughout the year (9-11:30 a.m.)
- Special tours for groups and other campus events
- Willingness to show on-campus housing for Open House days.
Want more Information?
Email SAO at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Student Ambassador Advisor: