What is the Student Ambassador
The SAO is a group of individuals that features the very best of
what USI has to offer. Although each member of the SAO is
unique regarding personality, interests and background, all members
share one common thread - pride and enthusiasm for their
university...the University of Southern Indiana.
Currently, Student Ambassadors serve as University
representatives, recruiters, hosts, tour guides, and leaders.
The purpose of the organization is to provide guests with
University information and a current student's view of campus life
at USI. The goal of the SAO is to promote USI to prospective
students, current students and alumni.
- Conduct tours of campus and housing
- Correspond with prospective students (e-mail, congratulation
- Host overnight visitors
- Serve on student information panels
- Perform duties as hosts/hostesses at Admission events (Southern
Hospitality Day, Scholars' Day, Greater Evansville College Fair,
- Assist with mass mailings
- Assist with telemarketing campaigns